Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy New Year!

A new year, a new me...and I'm ready for take-off! LOL, yeah I know, a little cheesy. But what better way to start off the post about my very first carved cake! While everyone else was getting ready to party on New Year's Eve, I was home baking and carving an airplane. Now this could have been a complete disaster, but with the awesome new knife set my Hubby got me for Christmas it was way easier than I expected. Hubby was working, but all four kiddos were being so cooperative and well behaved. Or so I thought...
"MOM! The boys and Abby are coloring on the chair!" yells Madison. I run over expecting to see a few little crayon marks. Abby, my 19 month old, looks up at me, points to the chair and says "Riwey". Yup, 19 months old and already looking out for #1. Well, I guess that's what I get for thinking I could get any work done while they were all awake. On the bright side, my first carving turned out pretty darn good, I think.



Here's my airplane, carved and crumb-coated. It was a strawberry cake with vanilla buttercream.


And here's the final product...now I know I'm no professional, but I'm pretty proud of how it turned out. And luckily the recipient loved it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love some feedback! Unless you're being mean...