www.cakecentral.com. I couldn't wait to try it, and made these Peanut Butter and Jelly cupcakes today. Of course I had to try one before wasting all the yummy strawberry filling and peanut butter icing, and even though I left them in the oven just a tad too long, they were delicious! So now I just have to convince myself that letting my kids have cupcakes for a snack today wasn't so bad, because they're PB&J, and that's kinda healthy, right?
BTW, if you want to try the recipe yourself, here it is...
* 2 cups sugar
* 4 eggs
* 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
* 1 cup milk
* 3/4 cup vegetable oil
* 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
* 2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees . Prepare your pans, two 9 inch, a 13 by 9, or cupcakes, I got 29 cupcakes out of this recipe.
2. In a large mixing bowl, with an electric mixer, beat sugar and eggs together until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients and beat for another minute or so, just until batter is smooth and creamy. Don't over beat. Pour batter into the prepared pans.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until the tops are golden and a toothpick comes out clean. I did 19 minutes for the cupcakes, but probably should've taken them out at 16 or 17 min. Let cool completely before icing.
This makes a rich cake, not light and fluffy, but really yummy!