Monday, September 26, 2011

Any Suggestions?

First off, I have to apologize. I have been a terrible blogger. I am so in awe of those of you out there that can keep this up on a daily or even weekly basis! With school and dance teaching starting back up I just haven't had my head in the game. My oldest is in 1st grade now, dancing two days a week, and doing Girl Scouts. My twins are in VPK, which is wonderful, because now I have some one on one time with my youngest daughter who is 2. The only downside is VPK is only 3 hours a day so I feel like I am constantly in the car running kids all over town or running errands. One thing I've noticed since all of our activities have started is that the quality of our diet, and the amount of exercise/play we are all getting, well, to put it bluntly, sucks. OK, so it's probably only MY exercise level that sucks, my kiddos are really active. But all of our diets need help. We have already driven through The Golden Arches WAY more than we should. I have 3 days a week where we don't get home until 6:30 pm, and with 4 kids under age 7 that is just too late to start cooking a healthy meal. I've started relying on convenience foods too much, and it's starting to show in our behavior and attitudes. I don't know about any of you, but my kids and I get cranky when our diet goes down the tubes! I need help! Anyone out there have any suggestions for super quick healthy meals? Yummy, kid friendly mini meals that can be eaten on the run? I tried slow cooker meals, but my kids are opposed to anything that mixes their food up. Any comments or suggestions would be awesome!

And because I can't post this without at least one picture.....here is the one little project I did get accomplished.


Sharing at some or all of these fun parties!
Making
Chocolate Drool and Kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love some feedback! Unless you're being mean...